Develop your understanding of the role of security management in organizations, current practices, loss prevention, and the laws and regulations affecting the profession. Topics include: security-related functions; determining exposure, risk and liability as they relate to loss through crime or other perils; the art of crime forecasting and contingency planning.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Understand and explain operating and capital budget
- Understand and appreciate the differences between In-house and Contract security
- Understand and explain the tripod of security: physical security measures, personnel and documentation
- Understand and explain/discuss the basic risk assessment process
- Understand and explain the emergency management process
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Security Management Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses*
*Note: Applies only to students who were admitted to Certificate in Professional Management prior to October 2018. Please ensure that the course can be credited toward your certificate by reviewing the requirements outlined in your personal record.