Develop your understanding of the role of security management in organizations, current practices, loss prevention, and the laws and regulations affecting the profession. Topics include: security-related functions; determining exposure, risk and liability as they relate to loss through crime or other perils; the art of crime forecasting and contingency planning.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Understand and explain operating and capital budget
- Understand and appreciate the differences between In-house and Contract security
- Understand and explain the tripod of security: physical security measures, personnel and documentation
- Understand and explain/discuss the basic risk assessment process
- Understand and explain the emergency management process