Based on the concept that leadership comes from the person – not the position – this seminar focuses on developing the leader in you. Using a practical and widely used model that is founded on the philosophy that any individual at any level occupying any position in any organization can be a leader, you will explore both the nature and practice of leadership. You will identify your strengths as a leader, learn the five key practices of successful leadership, and focus on continued development. There will be an emphasis on building self-confidence and applying your learning to your day-to-day professional life.
- The nature of leadership, and the difference between management and leadership
- The five key leadership practices: Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and Encourage the Heart
- Practical applications of the five key practices
- Approaches and tools to ensure open and effective interpersonal communication
- Strategies for enabling and rewarding effective behaviour in others
- Leading with integrity to promote both personal and organizational values
- A personal-best leadership development plan