A well-designed landscape creates outdoor spaces that extend indoor living spaces. Learn about the design process, focusing on the use of trees, shrubs, and plants. Topics include: site analysis, hard and soft landscaping, installation techniques, creating 'rooms', decks, special gardens, environmental concerns, and important horticultural design concerns.
Course Learning Outcomes
Describe the steps in the landscape design process
- Analyze – considering climate, soil, drainage, existing plant material and surrounding landscapes
- Complete scale drawing
- Complete bubble drawings
- Identify the right plant for the right place
- Use elevation drawings
- Discuss the story of the landscape (theme) – what does that bring to the design process
- Identify what determines the style of the garden – rectilinear and curvilinear – what is appropriate?
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Optional Courses