A fraud protection program can prevent, detect, and deal with fraud in the workplace. Learn preventive measures to deter fraud and to detect and investigate fraud when it does occur. Topics include the legal definition of fraud, types of fraud in the public and private sectors and financial institutions, deterrent measures to avoid management liability for fraud under the new governance regime, fraud detection and prevention, investigating fraud including collecting and detecting evidence and submitting reports.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Establish a program to prevent, detect and deal with fraud in the work place
- Demonstrate the legal issues of fraud in the work place
- Identify and define the types of fraud
- Establish deterrent measures to avoid management liability
- Demonstrate countermeasures to detect and prevent fraud
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct a fraud investigation and create a report