A fraud protection program can prevent, detect, and deal with fraud in the workplace. Learn preventive measures to deter fraud and to detect and investigate fraud when it does occur. Topics include the legal definition of fraud, types of fraud in the public and private sectors and financial institutions, deterrent measures to avoid management liability for fraud under the new governance regime, fraud detection and prevention, investigating fraud including collecting and detecting evidence and submitting reports.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Establish a program to prevent, detect and deal with fraud in the work place
- Demonstrate the legal issues of fraud in the work place
- Identify and define the types of fraud
- Establish deterrent measures to avoid management liability
- Demonstrate countermeasures to detect and prevent fraud
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct a fraud investigation and create a report
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Security Management Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses*
*Note: Applies only to students who were admitted to Certificate in Professional Management prior to October 2018. Please ensure that the course can be credited toward your certificate by reviewing the requirements outlined in your personal record.