Learn principles and skills for effective media relations. Discover how the media determines what is newsworthy. Learn practical techniques for promoting your organization through media publicity, and understand how to work with the media on an ongoing basis. The course covers print, broadcast, and online media relations.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Build relationships with reporters
- Prepare media materials
- Counsel an organization on the role of media relations to influence public opinion
- Identify and use publicity and proactive media relations opportunities
- Understand the role of social media in a media relations context
- Help to position and manage your organization's reputation in the press