Conversation topics cover a large range of social situations, workplace telephone calls, descriptions of emotions and state of mind, and discussions regarding political, social and artistic topics. The main grammar points introduced are direct object pronouns, relative pronouns, future tense and negative expressions.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe people and places in longer sentences
- Talk about the past; describe what you used to do
- Narrate a past event
- Describe daily routines
- Describe interactions and personal relationships
- Discuss future possibilities
French is spoken in all classes, even at the beginner level.
Full time U of C students are eligible for a 25% discount on French courses. You must phone our office at 403-220-2866 to register with the discount. Valid for 2020-2021 academic year.
FRE 103 French III, or equivalent
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in French Language and Culture - FSL Foundations : Core Courses