Course DescriptionThis course is designed for beginners in a French language class. Conversation topics cover introductions, the alphabet, numbers and dates. Main grammar points include gender of nouns, adjectives and articles, present tense of some regular and irregular verbs, and formal and informal forms of address.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Introduce yourself and use greetings and farewells
- Talk about your likes and dislikes
- Make simple sentences in the present tense and in the close future
- Order food at a restaurant
- Ask and answer questions in the present tense
French is spoken in all classes, even at the beginner level.
Full time U of C students are eligible for a 25% discount on French courses. You must phone our office at 403-220-2866 to register with the discount. Valid for 2020-2021 academic year.