Marketing is about planning and implementing a strategic process to develop profitable customer relationships. Learn the scope, objectives, and complexity of marketing, as well as the terminology and activities involved in managing the marketing function. This course will introduce you to the elements of the marketing mix to create an integrated marketing plan.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Explain the marketing function as it relates to shaping an organization and driving key initiatives
- Analyze different market segments to build strategy for a product or service to attract new customers or expand business opportunities
- Identify different promotional tactics (advertising, personal selling, public relations, sales promotion, direct and digital marketing)
- Create a basic marketing plan that incorporates the marketing strategies and tactics related to the marketing mix including product or service planning, price, place, and promotion
It is recommended that students take BMC 167 Marketing Principles before taking any Optional Marketing Courses.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Integrated Digital Media : Optional Courses