Course Description** NEW Name and Code: Writing in the Workplace, WRI 150. **
Effective writing in business and industry is essential. Develop your writing skills in this thorough review of key components. Topics include the composing process, writing clearly and correctly, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure, and formats for effective letters and memos. There is ample opportunity for writing through in-class exercises and weekly assignments, as well as individual feedback on your work.
Course Details** NEW Name and Code: Writing in the Workplace, WRI 150. **
- understand your own most effective writing process
- choose appropriate document format, style, and tone for each business writing situation
- plan, draft, edit and proofread your documents with confidence
- identify basic grammatical structures and punctuation and use them correctly
- develop a clear, readable writing style