The ability to influence the growth and direction of an organization is a powerful thing. Professionals most valued by organizations can communicate ideas, persuade colleagues to see alternative perspectives and influence others to support a project.
Discover how to share your ideas, perspective, prepare and deliver oral presentations to reach specific audiences. Learn to apply a step-by-step approach to designing and delivering presentations followed by practical application of each step.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of defining the purpose of the presentation
- Analyze techniques to develop a rapport with your audience
- Examine the strategies that are applied in the planning, preparing, organizing and use of visual aids in the delivery of presentations
- Diagnose the importance of preparing an effective introduction
- Give and receive feedback, including video feedback
Topics of Instruction
- Analyzing your audience
- Speaking with confidence
- Strategies on how to deliver effective presentations
- A step-by-step approach to preparation and delivery of presentations
Will be replacing: BUS 114 Powerful Presentations
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Professional Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Communication Seminars