The work does not stop. The future brings more projects, more change, more uncertainty. What can we do to prevent burnout and recover when we feel we’ve reached our limit?
We often speak about burnout in terms of financial costs of work absences, but what about the cost if someone functions at a fraction of their capability? What about the person who quits their job?
Recovery is an active process, not a passive one. Yet, we are not often taught how to recover. The good news: there are skills, habits and work design that aid recovery from burnout and facilitate burnout prevention! We all exist somewhere on the spectrum of peak performance to burnout. This program focuses on a step-by-step, personalized guide on exactly what to do to recover.
Based on psychology, neuroscience and behavioural medicine, a shift in mindset and perspective can allow for a different, more effective approach to work.
WHO WILL IT BENEFIT
This program is for leaders and professionals looking for practical, science-based strategies on how to prevent and recover from burnout.
This course will be led by experienced professionals from ConsciousWorks. Please visit the ConsciousWorks website for details: https://www.consciousworks.com/
Program Delivery: Online
Commitment: 6 hours
Upon completion of this program you will be able to:
- Define and understand burnout;
- Identify the 6 contributors to burnout;
- Understand the impacts of burnout on the body and mind;
- Learn how to mitigate stress to optimize recovery;
- Develop a daily recovery plan;
- Identify how systems, companies and teams impact burnout;
- Identify leadership tactics to help prevent burnout;
- Develop a proactive plan to reduce the risk of developing burnout within yourself and within your team.