This cohort-based program will focus on pedagogical theories and practices in postsecondary teaching and learning. You will critically explore what researchers currently know about how learning actually happens and navigate scholarship on how to implement formative and summative assessment. Participants will reflect upon and design a lesson plan for your own teaching context that enhances learning, and develop a learning-centred activity for practical classroom application.
This badge is part of the Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning program.
- Engage in critical reflection surrounding current practices, theories and research in postsecondary education.
- Explore ways to incorporate formative and summative assessments to enhance student learning and ways to incorporate this practice to enhance student learning
- Design and develop a research-informed lesson plan and learning-centred activity for implementation into the classroom environment.
Modules are delivered in an online, asynchronous, self-directed format. You have 4 weeks to complete the course including the Capstone Project.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Theories and Practices in Postsecondary Teaching and Learning Badge - Required Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Theories and Practices in Postsecondary Teaching and Learning Badge - Required Courses
- Theories and Practices Badge for Graduate Students : Required Courses
- Theories and Practices Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Required Courses