As competition grows, margins decrease and our reliance on technology increases. Learning how to perform correct assessments and choosing the most profitable technology projects becomes critical to any business. Blockchain has emerged as the technology with the most potential for impact. Organizations are joining blockchain alliances and big technology firms are rolling out their solutions, all in an attempt to learn quickly and be the first to market with a new competitive edge.
This program brings together business leaders and experienced executives for an in-depth analysis of blockchain and how it can be used to solve innovative business needs and goals. Join us in this blended learning program to learn what blockchain is, the opportunities it could bring, and how to advance a blockchain project from idea to execution.
Upon completing this blended learning program, you will be able to:
- Gain a non-technical understanding of industrial blockchain, a distributed ledger technology which facilitates tamper-proof business transactions
- Assess the differences between industrial blockchain transactions and cryptocurrency
- Apply distributed ledger principles, the backbone of blockchain, to current business models
- Evaluate the impact of blockchain to current business needs in industries such as oil and gas, manufacturing, health, science, and retail
- Devise a strategy for developing a blockchain project for your business
Who Will Benefit:
Professionals and organizations interested in understanding and identifying blockchain opportunities or who are looking to augment their speciality with blockchain and maintain a competitive advantage in accounting, engineering, supply chain, law, and audit.
Program investment is $2,250 per participant and includes the following:
- 21 hours (14 in-class, 7 hours online)
- 2 webinars, 3 self-study units, 2 days of face-to-face (classroom) sessions, 1 capstone team project
- Lunch, snacks and refreshments provided during the session
- All program materials including copyright and learning activities
- Certificate of completion from the Haskayne School of Business