Want to improve the quality and creativity of the photos that you take with your digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera? Step out of your comfort zone through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on activities, and apply various photographic techniques and basic editing using the manual mode on your digital camera. Please bring a DSLR or mirror-less camera and manual (if available) to class. You will also have opportunity to experiment with other equipment in class. This course is intended for beginners, or intermediate and experienced enthusiasts who wish to practice and improve their photography skills.
Formerly PHO 101 Photography 1 - Digital Photography
Before coming to the first class, students should familiarize themselves with their camera manuals and be able to locate the shutter release, and the shutter speed and aperture dials.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define basic technical photographic terms
- Adjust digital camera settings comfortably
- Select the appropriate focal length and aperture to attain a desired depth of field
- Select the proper shutter speed to freeze or blur the motion of the subject
- Select the appropriate ISO setting for lighting conditions
- Apply basic rules of composition