BUS 306 - Followership: The Secret Behind Every Good Leader
Followers are vital to the success of any organization – they get things done by supporting the organization as a whole. Followership may have negative connotations in the traditional sense of leadership, however, today’s leader recognizes the qualities and behaviours that good followers possess, and strategically engages, involves and grows their team based on these qualities and behaviours.
In this course, learn how to use a leadership approach that responds to changes in the work environment, and reframes how leaders look at their accountabilities in relation to interactions with employees, collaboration, and managing teams. Discover the role followership plays in an organization and the impact it has on teams and the organizational culture.
Upon the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define followership
- Examine followership behaviours and qualities
- Use a framework map to identify the different types of followers and how their behaviour impacts the team
- Identify the value followers bring to an organization and teams
- Investigate and identify how the culture of an organization affects the behaviours of the leaders and followers
Certificate for Emerging Leaders: Personal Effectiveness
Certificate for Front Line Leaders: Leading Others
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate for Front Line Leaders : Leading Others - Seminars
- Professional Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Personal Effectiveness Seminars