"A sense of humour is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
The idea of humour in the workplace is not new - humour is one of the highest forms of human communication. It brings people together, helps relieve stress, improves communication, and can strengthen your team and organizational culture. Using humour appropriately is a skill that can be developed and used as a powerful interpersonal communication tool.
In this course, explore how to apply humour in different workplace situations and how to use humour as an effective communications tactic.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the physiological and psychological benefits of humour and laughter
- Describe the boundaries between appropriate and inappropriate humour at work
- Evaluate different humour theories and linguistic aspects of verbal humour
- Examine how to use humour effectively as a communications tool
- Recognize how to incorporate humour regularly so it has a positive impact