This course will provide an overview of the foundational knowledge and skills of Human Resources analytics. Students will explore the purpose of HR analytics, the application to Human Resources and how it can be used to make data-driven decisions that impact the success of a business and its people. Through the course students will explore a combination of broadly applicable skills including data and analysis, as well as more specific applications such as workforce planning, forecasting and deriving data-driven insights in making talent decisions.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Articulate how HR analytics benefit organizations across key HR pillars: workforce planning, talent attraction, retention, engagement and employee development
- Identify data requirements for various HR analytics pillars: the common forms, locations of data, and how to structure data
- Analyze data for various current and predictive insights within HR analytics
- Apply basic statistics to derive data-driven insights
- Create an HR analytics data model