Course DescriptionThis course is designed for language instructors who wish to learn current theory and practice regarding how to effectively incorporate technology into the language learning classroom. This course will empower language teachers with the knowledge and skills necessary to confidently teach language with technology.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define and discuss technology integration frameworks as they apply to language teaching
- Identify and interpret the effectiveness of language learning technology
- Demonstrate an understanding of pedagogical best practices when teaching language with technology
- Analyse and critique current language learning technology research and theories
- Investigate emerging trends in educational technology as they apply to language learning
- Design and assess a technology language learning module