Universities propose core mandates of creating appropriate conditions for exploration, debate and research on a wide variety of topics, including those that may be controversial. Controversial subjects can expose students to multiple perspectives and provide them with tools for analyzing issues and communicating across differences. By the end of this interactive session you will be able to maximize student learning of controversial issues by:
- Ensuring an inclusive learning environment;
- Preparing for and leading respectful, engaged discussions;
- Implementing strategies for handling challenges should they arise.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Graduate Students : Required Courses
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Required Courses