It is common for marketing or communications professionals to work in a corporate environment with separate marketing and communications functions, departments and even leadership. While each discipline creates distinct value for an organization, integrated marketing and communication strategies generate results that simply cannot be achieved when the two functions are kept in silos. This interactive course will cover the core building blocks of marketing communications planning. Students will build their own integrated marketing communications plans.Formerly BMC 226 Marketing and Communications.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Clearly understand the difference between marketing and communications and be able to identify, compare and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Be able to define and develop strategic measurement standards to evaluate the success of MarComm initiatives
- Understand the important role of marketing communications in branding and integrate these concepts into MarComm strategies
- Design and build a MarComm template that students can apply to any situation
- Create a strategic MarComm plan that will generate measurable outcomes