Research continues to demonstrate that diversity can be a great source of creativity and productivity. Hiring for diversity or promoting diverse practices is just a first step – organizations must create an inclusive work environment to be successful.
This seminar provides an overview of the types of diversity, discusses differences and similarities, and explores the workplace expectations of all employees. Leave with specific strategies to communicate more effectively, address unproductive work attitudes, and engage in dialogue to foster inclusion and reap the benefits of diversity.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify elements of diversity and inclusion
- Examine most common types of diversity
- Explore attitudes about diversity including unconscious bias
- Investigate profiles and strengths of diverse groups
- Recognize strategies to work more effectively in diverse environments
- Analyse factors that support an inclusive workplace culture
- Dissect accountabilities and behaviours of leaders in fostering inclusive workplaces
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Professional Skills Seminars