BUS 293 - Building the Coaching Mindset
Adopting a coaching mindset can create stronger relationships and create engaged, empowered and inspired teams. Explore your leadership style and develop your coaching mindset by learning how to listen deeply. Bring a coaching lens of curiosity to conversations, and learn how to ask powerful questions.
This course is designed using the core coaching competencies of the International Coach Federation (ICF). The lessons build critical coaching skills that can be applied broadly, from formal leadership contexts to less formal conversations. Learn to recognize the importance of asking powerful questions and to practice active listening skills. Develop the practical skills necessary to engage in coaching conversations and build your confidence in using the coach-approach in leadership.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Explore the Coaching Trajectory – overarching model depicting key elements
- Examine “coaching” vs. “coaching conversation” vs. “coach-approach”
- Analyze coaching core competencies, confidentiality and boundaries
- Recognize the importance of asking powerful and curious questions
- Practice active and deep listening and explore what characterizes great listening
- Establish an accountability for action plan