Become more comfortable using your digital SLR camera for portraits. Learn how to use the quality of light and your camera’s basic operations for better results. Discuss exposure control, aperture, shutter speed, using the flash and available light. Please bring a Digital SLR or a mirror-less camera and your manual to first class.
- There will be hands-on in-class practice along with home assignments.
- Bring a flash (speedlite) that has the TTL feature and is compatible with your camera.
- Before coming to the first class, students should familiarize themselves with their camera manuals and be able to locate the shutter release, shutter speed and aperture dials.
By competition of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Pose individuals and groups in various setups for photographing
- Connect, instruct and manage individuals and groups for photo setups
- Utilize natural light in portrait photography
- Use and set up the essential studio lighting equipment for portrait photography
- Setup a four-point studio lighting system
- Plan for a portrait photography session
Formerly: PHO 108 (15 hours) and PHO 121 (21 Hours). Both courses were titled "Portrait Photography".
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Courses