Managing the revising and editing process efficiently is fundamental to the success of any writing project. Yet many writers and leaders find this writing stage challenging and stressful, especially when turnaround time is tight. Learn how to edit your writing and the writing of others with more confidence and ease by using the tools, techniques, and strategies of professional editors. This seminar is designed to help front line leaders develop some of the key techniques and strategies of professional editors. Identify print and online resources that all writers should have in their toolbox. Learn to apply editorial rigour to your writing, and see the payoff in clean, clear, and consistent writing.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Examine key editing definitions and how to apply them to the editing process.
- Identify helpful and practical print and online resources.
- Discover and apply some of the key techniques and strategies of professional editors.
- Recognize how to edit their own writing and the writing of others efficiently and tactfully.
- Create in-house style guides and style sheets.
Please note that this course fee includes a complimentary reference book.
Certificate for Front Line Leaders - Seminar Category Leading Others
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate for Front Line Leaders : Leading Others - Seminars