BUS 629 - Operational Management for Front Line Leaders
Managing operations is becoming an increasingly complex endeavour for front line leaders. This complexity can be attributed to a highly informed and sophisticated customer base, high expectations from upper management, and reliance on technology to enable the business.
This seminar is designed to help front line leaders understand the common issues that impact how a business converts materials and labour into value-added products and services in the marketplace. Students will also explore common operational challenges, and how to identify and manage them.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define what business operations means
- Identify and understand how the “big picture” translates into executable components within business operations
- Explore creative approaches used to manage business operations
- Discover how to break complex business operations into understandable components
- Identify root causes versus symptoms of problems and issues, identifying leading practices
- Analyse and explore the features and functionality of industry-standard ERPs (large and small). Identify how systems are designed to manage operations
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate for Front Line Leaders : Leading the Business Operations - Seminars