This online workshop is intended to be practical and geared for the professional who wants to specialize in the practice of clinical social work. The learning purpose of this course is to begin to prepare professionals for the practice of clincial social work by providing instruction in the areas of knowledge of theories and treatment modalities that are known to be "best" or "promising" practices and are generally used by social workers who practice clinically; an understanding of specific fameworks of clinical practice; awareness of one's personal values and how these relate to professional values when dealing with complex clinical clients and systems; and knowledge of a variety of assessments and interventions - and an emphasis on selct models of intervention.
For more information, click here
- To provide an overview of clinical social work: its history, premises, and relationship to social work;
- To explore the use of social work frameworks, such as the problem solving and person in environment approaches;
- To review applying clinical theories, models, and techniques used to restore or enhance the psychosocial functioning of individuals, families, and groups; and
- To begin to develop skills and apply clinical knowledge to undertake assessments and interventions for mental and emotional conditions and addictions. Emphasis will be on the clinical relationship and ethical decision-making with clients.
1. This course has been pre-approved by the Clinical Committee of the Alberta College of Social Workers as a preliminary step in the application for the title of clinical social workers for those who do not have an MSW Clinical degree. For details, please consult with ACSW at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. There is also an assumption that the registrant has had interviewing, communication, social work ethics, anti-oppressive practice, and diversity training before taking this course.
3. Please check the brochure for further information on pre-requisites at: http://fsw.ucalgary.ca/pd
Withdrawal Policy: If a registrant withdrawals from this workshop 5 or more business days prior to the start date of the workshop, the registrant will receive a full refund minus an administrative fee of $30.00. No refunds on withdrawals 4 business days or less. Substitution of an eligible candidate will be allowed up to one business day before the start date of the workshop.
Approved for 40 hours ACSW Category "A" credits for Social Workers.