Course DescriptionSituational Leadership®: Building Leaders provides training for leaders, managers and supervisors with effective ways to engage in performance conversations that make an impact. Learn an action-oriented framework that increases both the quantity and quality of performance conversations by matching an individual’s Performance Readiness® Level for a specific task with the appropriate leadership style. This task-specificity is at the heart of Situational Leadership® and is a crucial part of becoming a capable situational leader who can drive behavior change in employees.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define leadership.
- Apply Situation Leadership by:
- Accurately assessing an individual’s Performance Readiness® to perform a specific task.
- Identifying a specific task on which to focus based on direct observations and indirect behavioral indicators.
- Responding with the right leadership style and behaviors to meet the performance needs of the individual
- Communicating the leader’s response more effectively
- Managing the movement of the individual through various levels of Performance Readiness®
- Identify opportunities to improve through self-assessment and development planning