This course offers the unique opportunity to create your own sculpture under the guidance of an experienced artist/sculptor. At this outdoor workshop you will discover the hidden beauty of stone and learn how its natural structure, pattern, and rhythm can help you to shape your own creations. Learn important steps in the process of sculpture, including the use of specific power and hand tools. Basic tools and stones of different shapes and sizes will be provided. Location to be confirmed.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Transfer your idea into 3D art piece
- Create your model in clay based on the form of the stone
- Carve your model in stone
Please bring a sunhat and sunblock to the first class; it is useful to have a general idea of the piece you would like to create before arriving to first class as well, although this may change upon arrival.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Art Theory and Practice Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Optional Courses