By becoming more familiar with the features of digital SLR, point-and-shoot and smart phone cameras, learn to take great family photos. Be well prepared to capture posed and candid family images of early family life: expectant mothers, newborns and family portraits.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- develop the photographic skills to enhance the composition, capture and reproduce images of expectant mothers, newborns, and the family.
- learn ideal camera settings for posed and spontaneous photography of children with an emphasis on newborns; use of lighting that is flattering and non-intrusive; review common poses and backgrounds for structured portraits, editing techniques and remote and timed shutter release
- Safety considerations for posing of newborns and expectant mothers is emphasized.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Optional Photography Courses