Course DescriptionExplore the creation of a compelling story using visual means. Examine formats and approaches to comic making by working through a number of concepts involving different styles of comics. Studying forms ranging from classic Golden Age comics to Manga, use the concepts to create your own personal creative comics. Guided assignments will start off with sketchbooks or loose paper and pencil and progress into ink and colour. Some drawing experience is helpful, but not required.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Make successful composition choices for your comic
- Be able to assess their own work critically to be able to edit and improve it using techniques from class.
- Use visual story-telling techniques
- Plan and create a comic story or series of comic strips
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Art Theory and Practice Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Optional Courses