BUS 601 - Understanding the Power of Collaboration
Collaboration is recognized as a vital skill for leaders who want to succeed in organizations today, but it is also an area where theory and practice are often far apart. Just because you call a group of people a team does not mean that they will work collaboratively. However, if you can establish the conditions for collaboration to thrive, the synergy will benefit both the individuals and the organization. During this three-day seminar, learn when collaboration is beneficial and how to distinguish it from cooperation and other approaches to group work. You will have the opportunity to use your new skills by working through a project from start to finish in real time, and will leave with concrete methods and techniques for creating a collaborative team.
- What is collaboration?
- When to collaborate and when not to
- Creating a collaborative environment
- Collaborative techniques: facilitation, networking, meetings, conflict resolution
- Barriers to collaboration and how to overcome them
- Influencing without authority
- Real-time collaborative project exercise.