Performance discussions focused on assessing annual goal achievement and the setting of new goals is a common foundation of most organizations' performance management programs. The most valuable component of these conversations is a realistic discussion of the employee's performance in comparison with the performance objectives. Meaningful performance discussions may be the difference between engagement and disengagement for many employees. This seminar explores the employee's and leader's roles in performance planning, key elements needed for meaningful performance discussions, creating and assessing performance goals and assessments, and assisting employees in developing career and development goals.
- Defining performance management
- Creating and assessing performance goals and objectives
- Key components of performance management and career conversations
- Methods of delivering performance feedback
- Individual action planning
Certificate for Emerging Leaders: Professional Skills