BMC 352 - Learning Online
This course has been replaced by our free course, Digital Skills for Learning Online
Discover more about yourself as an online learner in a supportive environment and ultimately determine if online learning is for you. Compare your current skills, habits and technical knowledge against what's typically required for success in Continuing Education online courses. Whatever your starting point, you will develop and improve your abilities to connect, communicate and collaborate with others online.
University of Calgary Continuing Education online courses are not like others you may have experienced. Continuing Education's online courses are instructor-led, socially engaging and require high quality work. They are not designed to be a self-paced experience. You will be expected to participate actively throughout your course – contributing meaningfully to class discussion, working collaboratively and producing excellent work.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Assess readiness for future online learning
- Use various online learning tools including discussion areas, Zoom, group functions, assignment submission and online tests
- Communicate effectively with others in an online environment
- Develop time management and study skills
- Collaborate with others as part of a online team
- Search the Internet and the University of Calgary library for credible resources
Unless notified, the course will not be available until 9 am on the course start date.
For more information about online learning please visit our Online Learning Resources page.