The SoTL Foundations Development Program for Postdoctoral Scholars invites students to join discussion-based sessions focused on brief foundational SoTL readings, participate in their choice of workshops and draft a preliminary SoTL plan. Students in this program will learn about scholarly, evidence-based approaches to student learning and teaching, and will have the opportunity to reflect and build upon their own teaching and learning practices.
This badge is part of the Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning program.
- Engage in collaborative, critically reflective conversations with colleagues to explore current issues, theories and research in postsecondary education.
- Articulate a research question and develop a plan to conduct a SoTL (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning) project.
minimum required: 1 course and completion of the capstone project
Discussion-Based SOTL Courses
Minimum required: 4 courses
Minimum required: 2 courses
- Register, attend and participate in 8 of the designated courses including the capstone project course
- Once you have registered in the Capstone Project, you will be added to the D2L course.
- Complete the SoTL Foundations Program for Postdoctoral Scholars - Capstone Project
Courses are delivered in a classroom format. The Capstone Project is completed online.