Higher education takes place in a spectrum of environments from classrooms to online and utilizes a range of learning technologies to foster meaningful student learning experiences.
The Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogies Program is a series of courses and online activities for participants to explore, discover and learn about how learning spaces and digital pedagogies can be integrated into higher education teaching practices.
This badge is part of the Graduate Students Certificate in University Teaching and Learning program.
Effective September 1, 2020: If you are/were a University of Calgary graduate student and you have earned any four out of five badges, you will be eligible to apply for a Graduate Student Certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Investigate and reflect on digital pedagogy principles and strategies and how these can be integrated into your teaching practice.
- Explore how to use and/or adapt a learning space to optimize student learning and engagement.
- Apply principles, strategies or learning technologies to design an engaging online and blended learning environment.
- Develop a teaching and learning resource using different technologies and design activities to incorporate them in your classroom.
Required: 1 capstone project course
Minimum required: 4 courses
- Register, attend and participate in 12.0 hours of the designated courses including the Capstone Project course
- Once you have registered in the Capstone Project, you will be added to the D2L course.
- Complete the Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy - Capstone Project.
Courses are delivered in three formats. Asynchronous, Synchronous, or Blended and indicated in the course description.
To earn your badge for the current Learning Spaces & Digital Pedagogies programs all courses and the capstone must be completed in Winter 2021. Individual courses will not be transferable to the 2021 – 2022 academic year when a new cohort format will be implemented.
As of January 1, 2021, TI 0878, TI 0895, and TI 0724 will no longer be included in the Learning Spaces & Digital Pedagogies badge program. These courses will be replaced by TI 0900, TI 0901, and TI 0902. For those who have completed all the required components for these courses (TI 0878, TI 0895, and TI 0724) between September 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020, credit will be counted towards the Learning Spaces & Digital Pedagogies badge until the end of Winter 2021.