This cohort based SoTL Foundations Development program invites participants to explore an Introduction to SoTL, review and reflect on various SoTL topics focused on foundational readings, and draft a preliminary SoTL inquiry. Participants in this program will learn about scholarly, evidence-based approaches to student learning and teaching, and will have the opportunity to reflect and build upon their own teaching and learning practices.
This badge is part of the Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning program.
Effective September 1, 2020: If you are/were a University of Calgary graduate student and you have earned any four out of five badges, you will be eligible to apply for a Graduate Student Certificate.
- Engage in critical reflection to explore current issues, theories and research in the field of SoTL in postsecondary education
- Articulate a research question(s) about teaching and learning grounded in disciplinary-specific context
- Develop a Draft SoTL inquiry
One course including the capstone project
- Register and complete the designated modules
- Complete the Capstone Project
Modules are delivered in an online, asynchronous, self-directed format. You have 4 weeks to complete the course including the Capstone Project.