Eligibility for Prerequisite Waiver
To be granted a prerequisite waiver for BMC 352 Learning Online, you must demonstrate completion of at least one interactive online course from an educational institution or an employer. An interactive online course is one that involves regular online contact among students and instructors.
Examples of online learning that do not meet waiver requirements:
- Online learning that is primarily a series of notes on a website.
- Self-paced independent study online.
- Online coursepack courses that have no interactive components.
- Face-to-face courses that used Blackboard, Desire2Learn, or other online technologies for course content, but do not include other interactive components.
Completion of at least one fully-interactive online course is required.
- If you are enrolled in a certificate in Creative or Professional Writing, you must apply for Advanced Standing because BMC 352 Learning Online is a required course. The same eligibility requirements apply.
- Once you have completed the questionnaire to waive BMC 352 Learning Online, it will take approximately 5 working days to process your application. You will be notified of your status by our Customer Service personnel.