Offered in collaboration with the Justice Institute of British Columbia's Centre for Conflict Resolution, Continuing Education is pleased to offer the Certificate in Conflict Resolution, with a specialization in Negotiation, Mediation/Third Party Intervention, or Family Mediation. Two shorter programs — the Associate Certificate in Conflict Coaching and Associate Certificate in Workplace Conflict ladder into the larger certificates.
The Justice Institute of British Columbia is a top education provider in North America in the field of conflict resolution. Everyone is welcome in these courses and programs. There are no entrance requirements and every course will give you practical skills you can use immediately.
To register for an assessment, you must be enrolled as a certificate student. Please contact the Justice Institute of British Columbia to register for your assessment.
When you enrol in a certificate program, you become part of an ever-growing learning community.
The benefits include:
- Enhance your career prospects — employers are looking for people who build productive interpersonal and workplace relationships.
- Courtesy of the JIBC virtual library, access to the JIBC's extensive collection of books, periodicals, and videos on conflict resolution and related subjects, including a wide variety of online journals and articles.
- Advanced notice of special events, unique courses and exclusive offerings.
- Invitations to participate in surveys that help shape the future of the Centre's activities and programs.
- Personalized assistance from Centre staff in planning your learning path and program progression.
- Clear graduation criteria: While courses and programs are evaluated and revised on a regular basis, your graduation criteria are set when you register for a certificate program. Therefore, you know what's expected of you.
- Celebrate your success with friends and family when you graduate by attending either the University of Calgary's Continuing Education graduation ceremony or the JIBC convocation ceremony.
All of our programs are based on part-time study and can be taken at your own pace.
You may be entitled to receive credit based on past training, such as other college or university courses. The maximum amount of credit that can be awarded is 50 per cent of certificate requirements.
- Conflict Coaching NEW
- Family Mediation
- Mediation/Third Party Intervention
- Workplace Conflict
JIBC Course Equivalency Chart
|PDS 001||CRES-1100||CCR100||Foundations of Collaborative Conflict Resolution|
|PDS 002||CRES-1101||CCR101||Foundations of Collaborative Conflict Resolution: Workplace Focus|
|PDS 173||CRES-1302||CCR102||Building Your Communication Toolbox|
|PDS 004||CRES-1305||CCR105||Asserting Yourself in Conflict Situations|
|PDS 185||CRES-1170||CCR170||Negotiation Skills 1|
|PDS 006||CRES-1180||CCR180||Mediation Skills Level 1|
|PDS 007||CRES-1190||CCR190||Dealing with Anger|
|PDS 009||CRES-1200||CCR200||Resolving Conflict on the Front Line: Demonstrating Lead|
|PDS 208||CRES-1402||CCR202||Shifting from Positions to Interests|
|PDS 013||CRES-1408||CCR208||Art of Reframing|
|PDS 229||CRES-1210||CCR210||Conflict Dynamics in Groups|
|PDS 010||CRES-1270||CCR280||Negotiation Skills 2|
|PDS 012||CRES-1280||CCR290||Mediation Skills 2|
|PDS 236||CRES-1308||CCR108||Managing the Hostile Individual|
|PDS 238||CRES-1131||Conflict Coaching Level 1|
|PDS 239||CRES-1231||Conflict Coaching Level 2|
Toll-free: 1-866-220-4992 (outside of Calgary)
Email: Click here
Registration and program information
To register for face-to-face courses at the University of Calgary, register online, or call 403-220-2866.
To register for online courses through the Justice Institute of British Columbia; call 1-877-528-5591.
Read more about the program at www.jibc.ca/ccr