Course DescriptionJoin us for a dynamic experience of interactive live training with Drs. John and Julie Gottman. You will receive personalized coaching from the Gottmans as you participate in experiential exercises and learn how to incorporate Gottman research-based Assessment and Intervention Methods into your clinical practice. This is a great opportunity to engage both Drs. John and Julie Gottman in vital dialogue regarding Gottman Method Couples Therapy!
This advanced clinical training workshop is based upon Dr. John Gottman's 40 years of compelling research with over 3,000 couples. You will have the chance to deepen your psychotherapeutic skills so that you can successfully integrate the research-based assessments and interventions in your work to help your couples manage their conflicts, renew their friendship and intimacy and share their life purpose and dreams.
In these three days you will:
- Experience presentations by the Gottmans
- Review strategies to help your clients deepen their friendship, manage their conflicts, and enhance their sense of shared meaning
- Practice using Assessments and Interventions in group role-plays
- Receive personalized coaching from the Gottmans
- View demonstration films
- Participate in intensive question and answer sessions
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
- Gain confidence in using the techniques through personal immersion
- Learn how to apply these methods in cases complicated by co-morbidities
You will receive a 550-page Gottman Method Clinical Manual that includes Relationship Assessment Questionnaires and 51 Clinical Interventions.
Co-hosted by University of Calgary, Faculty of Social Work and Alberta Health Services - Calgary Zone.
Approved for 21 hours ACSW Category "A" credits.
Withdrawal Policy: If a registrant withdrawals from this workshop 5 or more business days prior to the start date of the workshop, the registrant will receive a full refund minus an administrative fee of $30.00. No refunds on withdrawals 4 business days or less. Substitution of an eligible candidate will be allowed up to one business day before the start date of the workshop.