The kitchen is a focal point in every home. A properly designed kitchen affects all other aspects of living within a home environment. Discover practical solutions for designing effective and aesthetic kitchens. Get information about a wide range of design options and solutions.
Upon successful completion of the Kitchen Design course, you will be able to:
- Identify the process of designing a kitchen.
- Identify the character/theme development for the kitchen.
- Examine a variety of kitchen layouts.
- Identify various types of cabinets and appliances that can be used in the kitchen.
- Explore colour schemes, materials and surface finishes in the kitchen.
- Explore types of lighting schemes used in the kitchen area.
- Identify how to work with a budget, cost estimates, design, and sub-trade professionals.
- Do your homework and research, be prepared
- Be resourceful and involved in the process
- Draw your plan and elevations to scale.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Interior Design Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Optional Courses