Gain insight into global supply chain activities including production and inventory management processes, and regulatory and security requirements. Other topics include: key elements of a logistics plan and how it impacts the business plan, advantages and disadvantages of various transport modes, roles and value of outside service providers in a supply chain strategy, order processing, and inventory management.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the stages of a global supply chain
- Develop a well-planned supply chain management strategy to enhance a company's competitiveness
- Define the standard trade terminology used in international transactions
- Identify the main types of documentation used international trade transactions
- Manage production, inventory, delivery and returns efficiently to meet international demands and to reduce a company's risk
- Select methods to enhance supply chain performance and efficiency