Using words as tools, make the reader sit up and take notice so you can first communicate with, and then persuade and motivate, them. Then, acquire a foundation in the copywriting process, marketing strategies, and the principles of persuasion. Learn to write dynamic advertisements and sales and marketing brochures for products and services. Get instructor and peer feedback as you learn to write influential sales and marketing brochures, letters and other documents.
This course may be included in one of Continuing Education’s many certificates. To apply for a certificate and/or for more information about certificate programs please go to: http://conted.ucalgary.ca/public/listCertificate.do?method=load
Broad Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the Copywriting – Words that Sell course, you will be able to write persuasive advertising copy that generates sales.
Supporting Learning Outcome Statements
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Communicate an advertising message clearly and concisely
- Use proven writing techniques that have a track record of increasing sales
- Identify effective techniques as well as those that are counterproductive
- Choose words that are persuasive
- Tailor your copy for a variety of media
Prerequisite: BMC 352 Learning Online
It is not possible to register online for this course until you have successfully completed BMC 352 Learning Online or have a Learning Online Prerequisite Waiver in your profile. You may enrol in this course, by telephone, if you are enrolled in a section of BMC 352 that will be completed before this course begins.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Business and Technical Writing : Professional Writing Optional Courses
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Marketing and Public Relations : Marketing and Public Relations Specialization Courses