Systems and procedures for building and facilities security are covered. Topics include: keying, card access technologies and intrusion alarm systems, lighting, barriers, monitoring systems, closed circuit television, alarms, and suppression systems for fire control. Within a context of security planning, topics include: design, building and facilities surveys, threat assessment, risk analysis and strategies for reducing identified risk.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Be familiar with the various aspects of Physical Security Planning
- Understand the need for introducing security at the design stages of building
- Know why a Threat / Risk Assessment is an integral component of a security survey and how it affects the various physical security elements required
- Have a general understanding of Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) strategies
- Be able to identify the components of the physical security systems and identify weakness and vulnerabilities of a system
- Know how to conduct a comprehensive security survey and report your observations by means of a Security Survey Report