This 2-day course is designed to explain to Business Analysts the need for testing and teach them the concepts required to plan, manage, execute, and evaluate testing outcomes in a software environment. This course is based on the Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® version 2.0.
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Understand the importance of testing to software development and how managing testing well increases the likelihood of project success.
- Learn basic testing terms and the Testing Lifecycle.
- Be able to describe the various testing types, methods and approaches to and describe when to apply each.
- Study the relationships between the Project, Systems Development and Testing Lifecycles.
- Examine the role of the BA in testing and the relationship between BA Knowledge Areas and testing.
- Learn the various testing documents–Test Strategy, Test Plans, Use Cases, and Test Cases.
- Investigate Test and Defect Management.