This intensive 2-day course focuses primarily on developing practical key analysis skills such as report writing, data analysis and metric development. This course is based on the Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) version 3.0.
The ability to write analytically and think critically are important skills for business analysis. The development of solid metrics is another key skill area that distinguishes strong business analysis.
- Business Analysts
- Business Managers working in business analysis environments or other project environments
- Project Managers
- IS and IT managers, systems integrators, and management or technology consultants
- PDS 147 Comprehensive Business Analysis Seminar - Part 1
- PDS 154 Comprehensive Business Analysis Seminar - Part 2
- Courses are instructor-led, face-to-face in a classroom.
Topics of Instruction
- Think critically and laterally on issues
- Analyze business issues and offer recommendations
- Develop effective metrics for business, process or project objectives
- Write analysis reports
- Prepare convincing defense for an analysis report
- Present using enhanced facilitation and communication skills
Recommendations and Requirements
This course is 14 hours and is scheduled for 2 days.
- You will receive copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises and suggested solutions.
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.