This 2-day course is designed to give Business Analysts the essential tools they need for three purposes: to better plan and control business analysis work; to better integrate their role and work efforts into a project delivery environment; and to be able to effectively manage projects that do not have a project manager.
This course covers the project management framework from initiating and planning through to closing. Examples are used from business analysis practices to allow the students to become better at planning and managing requirements definition engagements.
This course conforms to the internationally recognized standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI). It is based on BABOK® and PMBOK®Guide. Participants learn PMI terminology and standards that will aid project communication and continuous learning efforts.
- Business Analysts or team members who want to pursue a career in project management
- This course does not have prerequisites, students must however meet the recommendations and requirements in the Notes section below.
- Courses are instructor-led, face-to-face in a classroom.
Topics of Instruction
- Identify and avoid common causes of project failure
- Identify options for structuring a project team
- Identify, establish, and analyze stakeholders and their needs
- Create an effective and actionable scope statement
- Identify key areas of project risk, assess their impact, and identify strategies for managing risks
- Analyze project scope by breaking it into discrete manageable and measurable components
- Model the flow and timing of a project
- Identify “critical path” high priority tasks
- Assess resource requirements, develop a budget
- Learn methods for schedule compression
- Used Earned Value to monitor and communicate project status and identified the need for corrective measures when necessary
- Manage issues and change requests
- Improve communication between stakeholders
- Properly close-out a project
Recommendations and Requirements
This course is 14 hours and is scheduled for 2 days.
- You will receive copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises and suggested solutions.
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.