Discuss the basics of instructional design and how to effectively apply sound design principles to facilitate learning in face-to-face, online, group, and self-study contexts. Learn how to design learning activities that work, and learning assessments that will confirm that they worked. In this portfolio-based course, design a complete module of learning.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and address the needs or gaps between the current condition of an organization, client or department and select an appropriate training solution that will help them accomplish their goals
- Design a clear, innovative and coherent learning strategy that addresses and expands the learning context for your organization, client or department and meets at least three learning outcomes
- Develop a learning experience with instruction that constructively aligns measurable learning objectives with assessments and engaging learning activities
- Design a plan to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of training or instruction based on the achievement of the learning outcomes after delivery
NotesStudents should expect to spend five to seven hours on coursework each week.
Prerequisite: BMC 352 Learning Online
It is not possible to register online for this course until you have successfully completed BMC 352 Learning Online or have a Learning Online Prerequisite Waiver in your profile. You may enrol in this course, by telephone, if you are enrolled in a section of BMC 352 that will be completed before this course begins.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Adult and Community Education Certificate : Core Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education : Adult and Community Education Specialization Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Career and Academic Advising : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in e-Learning : e-Learning Specialization Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Workplace Learning : Optional Courses
- e-Learning Certificate : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses
- Public Relations Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses