There is a growing consensus among energy stakeholders that renewable energy technologies are beneficial to the environment and society as a whole. This course reviews the practical applications and examples of decentralized renewable energy sources and technologies such as low impact hydro, ocean, wind, solar power and heat, earth energy and geo-exchange, as well as biomass and biogas utilization. Energy efficiency and the effective use of fossil fuels through combined heat and power application are reviewed. Environmental managers, energy consultants, engineers, regulators, and the average consumer will benefit from this course. You will learn: barriers and incentives to implementing RET in Canada, how to financially evaluate and compare technologies, and practical methods to reduce in-home energy consumption.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how power and heat is generated and utilized
- Financially evaluate and compare renewable energy technologies
- Understand barriers and incentives to implementing renewable energy technologies
- Conduct an in-home energy audit
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Environmental Management Certificate : Optional Courses