The chemistry and biology of water is the focus of this course. Study water sampling and analysis from many perspectives – water management planning and municipal drinking water to treatment of wastewater and contaminant remediation. Learn about regulatory requirements, improving water monitoring programs, and ensuring accurate, reliable results.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be better able to conduct your own studies, interpret the work of others and critically review technical reports and science-based news related to:
- Water management and hydrological monitoring
- Environmental law related to water
- Municipal water use including water supply, storm water management and municipal wastewater treatment
- Contaminant assessment
- Surface water and groundwater remediation
- Aquatic ecological studies