Differences in age, race, family responsibilities, gender, sexual orientation, and disabilities make today's workforce more diverse than ever before. Learn best management practices for creating inclusive workplaces where people are valued for the skills and competencies they bring and where they can do their best work. Understanding how individual differences bring strength is the key to creating inclusive work culture that ensures retention in today's market. This experiential seminar will begin with and expand on your personal awareness in workforce diversity. It will ground learnings in personal experience and develop concrete skills you will want to apply to your day-to-day workplace environment.
- Develop greater clarity about formal and informal leadership relative to creating more inclusive workplaces
- Strengthen skills that ensure effective communication with diverse groups of people
- Develop skills and strategies to build relationships with people who are very different from you
- Develop leadership skills and strategies you need for creating more inclusive workplaces
- Your style of leadership and its effectiveness in today's climate
- What do inclusive teams look and feel like?
- Traditional leadership versus inclusive leadership
- Skills, competencies and strategies required for inclusive leadership
Who Will Benefit?
This seminar is valuable for anyone providing supervision or leadership and interested in retention strategies. This includes managers, HR professionals and recruiters.
Certificate for Emerging Leaders topic area: Building Relationships